Access to Higher Education (University)
If you want to go a long way in life, Sussex Downs College can help you with our very successful Access to Higher Education courses which will support you to move on to university and study your chosen course. Courses have been created which still give you the time to lead your own life – an important consideration for adult students!
You don’t need any formal qualifications to take an Access course, but many University Courses will require GCSE in addition to the Access course. We recommend that if you need two or more GCSEs for university that you take these prior to enrolling on the Access course.
The Access to HE Diploma is a ten months intensive course to help committed learners to gain a University place, so dedication is required. All courses are LASER credit-based courses and are QAA approved.
WHICHEVER COURSE YOU CHOOSE YOU WILL DEVELOP THE FOLLOWING CORE STUDY SKILLS:
- Managing your workload
- Communicating and working in group
- Group and individual presentations
- Planning, structuring and developing essay writing
- Reading, interpreting and analysing academic texts
- Critical thinking
- Developing and evaluating research methods
- Independent study
- Basic IT skills
YOU WILL ALSO STUDY MODULES SPECIFIC TO THE DEGREE YOU INTEND TO PURSUE AT UNIVERSITY:
Come to an information session to find out more*
Lewes Campus Information Sessions
|Access to Medicine|
|Tuesday 7th February 2017||5:30 pm|
|Access to HE|
|Tuesday 21st March 2017||5:30 pm|
|Tuesday 16th May 2017||2:30 pm|
*You must book a place to attend an Information Session at Lewes – contact Eileen Fenner on 030 300 39770 or at email@example.com
Access to Higher Education Diploma – Eastbourne Campus Compulsory Information Sessions
|Thursday 2nd March 2017||5:00 – 6:30 pm|
|Wednesday 10th May 2017||10:30 am to 12 noon|
|Wednesday 21st June 2017||10:30 am – 12 noon|
Please contact Francesca Garnett on tel: 030 300 39075 or email: Francesca.Garnett@sussexdowns.ac.uk to book a place.
We do not offer any evening courses at Eastbourne campus. Courses run every academic year only.
Daytime courses offered are:
- Access to Higher Education Diploma (NURSING AND HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONS)
- Access to Higher Education Diploma (HUMANITIES COMBINED WITH SOCIAL SCIENCES)
- Access to Higher Education Diploma (COMBINED SCIENCES)
- Access to Higher Education Diploma (TEACHER EDUCATION )