The Lewes Campus is served by a number of bus routes from Brighton, Tunbridge Wells, Newick, Peacehaven, Barcombe, Alfriston, Eastbourne, Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill. Routes 28 and 29 are run by Brighton and Hove buses. They also provide Bus IDs that give students discounts on bus travel. Visit the East Sussex County Council website* for all other bus times and travel information.
Lewes railways station is close by the Lewes campus of Sussex Downs College and connects with a range of major destinations including trains to Brighton, Eastbourne, Hastings and London. Visit the National Rail website* or call 0845 748 4950 for enquiries.
The Sussex Student Card is a scheme for students aged 16 or over living in East and West Sussex or Brighton and Hove who attend a sixth form or further education college. For more information, see the Southern Rail website* or the Surry Student Transport Partnership website*.
Parking at the College
As part of our commitment to the environment, we strongly recommend that students and visitors travel by public transport, by bicycle or on foot. Parking at the College is limited, and we cannot guarantee a parking space for you. Please check the guidelines below to ensure a safe campus for all students, staff and visitors:
- You must register your vehicle with Reception or Student Services, and clearly display a current parking permit in your car windscreen. Failure to do so could result in a penalty notice.
- You must register your vehicle with Reception, and clearly display a current parking badge in your vehicle windscreen. Failure to do so could result in a penalty notice.
- Parking on yellow lines or red hatched areas is not permitted. Emergency vehicles may need access at any time. Parking illegally could result in a penalty notice.
- Vehicles are left in car parks at the owner’s risk.
- There is a speed limit through the car parks of 10mph, and you should be aware of pedestrians at all times. Speeding and aggressive driving is not permitted on campus.
- Playing loud music in cars is not permitted.
Concessionary Travel Schemes for students
Freedom and Pathfinder bus tickets provide pupils and students with unlimited bus travel on most routes within East Sussex.
Travel Information Websites*
- National Rail Enquiries
- Traveline for bus timetable information
- Transport Direct for travel information including bus and rail timetables
- Southern Railway
- Hotels and Accommodation in the area
*Sussex Downs College is not responsible for the content of or services provided by external websites or companies.