- Year one and two: (foundation degree) study at Sussex Downs College for the first two years
- Year three: Successful candidates may apply for a further one year top-up honours degree to gain their BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons)
- Study alongside UK students
- Study in a supportive college environment
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Level of English equivalent to IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with 6.0 in writing
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary School, A Levels or a Foundation course
- You must have a strong and demonstrable interest in your chosen subject area
- Applications must be made via UCAS at www.ucas.com, or telephone +44 330 333 0230 (outside the UK) or 0871 468 0 468 (within the UK). Please refer to the Sussex Downs College application form for further details.
- On your application form please select (L) for Lewes campus and (E) for Eastbourne campus
- The UCAS code is S89 SDCOL
University Level Study
A foundation degree is a university level course that will lead to a foundation degree qualification of FdA or FdSc. You will study alongside UK students in the supportive environment of Sussex Downs College.
Successful candidates will have the option to apply for a one year top-up honours degree, to gain a BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons). You can study a top-up honours degree in Digital Media Design or Music Production and Creative Recording at Sussex Downs College. Alternatively, you can apply for a relevant top-up honours degree at the University of Brighton or at another British university.
We offer a wide range of courses that are relevant to the modern global workplace, giving you comprehensive practical and theoretical training for your chosen career. Many foundation degrees have work placements as part of the course.
All Sussex Downs College foundation degrees are validated by the University of Brighton.This means that you will have access to many sources of support and facilities both at the college and university to help you succeed.
(L) UCAS course code B340
This is both a practical and theoretical course enabling you to become a skilled Complementary Healthcare practitioner. During this two-year programme you will study many complementary therapies, including reflexology, aromatherapy, massage and Oriental diagnostic skills for the detection of illness. You will also undertake a clinical work placement, as well as researching the theoretical foundations of complementary healthcare.
Computing (Computer Games Development)
E) UCAS course code G611
Responding to the growth in the computer games industry, this course will give you the theoretical and practical skills to create interactive software that uses 2D and 3D graphical images. You will develop software solutions using an object-orientated approach to design and analysis, as well as studying the computer games industry. Cisco Network Technologies are used on this course.
Digital Media Design
(E) (L) UCAS course code W212
The foundation degree and BA (Hons) in Digital Media Design covers both the creative and technical aspects of multi-media design. This programme includes interactive design and digital image creation and manipulation, which will develop students’ conceptual, technical, analytical and design skills required by the industry. This programme has led to three D&AD Yellow Pencil Award winners in the last five years.
Music Production and Creative Recording
(E) UCAS course code W300
Preparing you for a career in music production, you will study recording and technology, songwriting, composition, performance and music production. You will gain technical and practical experience in multi-track recording and mastering, sequencing and programming. Sussex Downs College is a nationally-recognised Apple Authorised Training Centre for Education, and Apple Pro training is available to our degree students.
Sport Coaching and Development
(E) UCAS course code CX61
This course is ideal for students looking for a career in sports coaching and development. Course modules include anatomy and physiology, nutrition for sports performance, and the analysis of sports performance and coaching. You will also undertake two work placements as part of this course. Previous placements have included Arsenal Football Club and Brighton Half Marathon.