Student Visas

It is important that if you wish to study in the UK, you hold an appropriate visa to do so. If you have already been accepted onto a course of study there are two types of visa for studying in the UK: short- term student visas and Tier 4 student visas.

We are currently only able to accept applications for courses requiring short-term student visas.

If you are not sure if you need a visa to study with us, please contact us, or check the UK Visas and Immigration website (UKVI).

Short-Term Student visas

The ordinary ‘short-term student’ category will allow you to come to the UK if you are 18 years or older, and want to enter:

The ‘short-term student (child)’ category will allow you to come to the UK if you are under 18 years old, and want to enter:

If you are coming to the UK to study for a maximum of six months (or 11 months if you will be studying English language), you may be able to enter as a ‘short-term student’ if you are 18 years or over. For some nationalities (“non-visa nationals”) who come to the UK as a student visitor, it is not compulsory to obtain entry clearance before travelling to the UK as long as your course is less than six months long.

If you choose to come as a short-term student you will not be allowed to do any work or work placement (even if it is part of a course or unpaid work). Short-term students are not allowed to apply to switch into any other immigration category while still in the UK.–planning/Visas-and-immigration/Short-term-student-visa/

Your immigration responsibilities

It is important that, as an international student, you comply with the UK immigration regulations during your stay in the UK. Your immigration responsibilities are to:

Correct at December 2016

Back to top

Copyright © 2018 Sussex Downs College, All Rights Reserved