The Young parents programme, designed for mums and dads, aged 16 to 24, is designed to engage and support young parents and parents to be. The programme is based in a nurturing environment within the college and provides young parents a supportive network along with an opportunity to explore your future progression into mainstream college courses, volunteering and employment with training. The course will enable you to complete a Level 1 Qualification and have the opportunity to develop Maths and English Skills. The day-to-day course will work with you on a range of activities to improve your confidence and knowledge on how to progress into employment or your chosen path.
Courses start in September, November and February.
Benefits to YOU:
- Gain a new skill or learning experience
- Learn at your own pace, three times a week, at Sussex Downs College, Newhaven
- Make friends with other mums and dads to be
- Support your child’s development
- Learn whilst being with your child
- Support to progress on to your next path
We are dedicated TO:
- Understanding challenges that you may face
- Promoting equality
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination
- Promoting positive attitude
“I believe coming on the young parents’ course has helped me a lot, not only for myself and my education but it has also helped my daughter as the College have helped me find childcare and funding. She is really enjoying it and her behaviour has improved.”- Jodie
Download flyer (PDF)